A Bavarian Life in Andechs

Andechs
Winter 2013

Snow and beer in a mug in the Andechs lifestyle
(Feb-2013)

Journal Entry... Luggage had been safely stored in a locker at the Munich train station, to await that 10:50PM Sleeper Train to Amsterdam. Having half a day (still) to spare, I got behind the dispensing machine for train tickets to a Bavarian sendoff from a location east of Ammersee (lake), in Germany.


18-feb: Day trip to Andechs...
Two Peas in Andechs
The "forest trail" across Andechs train station awaited hikers... Before I could even suggest the idea, hubby read my mind and stepped a foot down on the idea. Everywhere I looked was snow on the ground. Tourist Information said we could either take the bus or taxi to get to the old town. Well, I was glad to not have insisted on the "forest trail, because the taxi ride to the old town of Andechs took more than a few minutes.
A pilgrimage site in the old town of Andechs
Baroque church interiors of Kloster Andechs
Prost! Andechs beer
On a taxi ride, we got dropped off right at the doorstep to the town's pilgrimage site up a hilly land: Kloster Andechs (Abbey). Behind the Abbey's Baroque facade was a secret concoction the Benedictine monks have been brewing for more than 900 years. "Y'all beer lovers in the world, you heard me right!" Various beer mugs were inside locked cages, awaiting the return of their masters. Traditional Andechs beer paired well with roasted schweinshaxe (crispy pig knuckles) no less, everytime! Andechs had surely sent me off with a rosy red face, and a cheerful disposition to drop myself on the snow-filled ground and make a "Snow Angel" for the roadIt was on that note that hubby and I finally bid Germany, "Auf wiedersehen, Deutschland!
In Andechs-- "When I drink beer, I drink lotsa, lotsa beer!"

19-feb: Arrived Amsterdam... Link to>>> Journal Entry: Say Cheese, Amsterdam! #thenetherlands #amsterdam #winter2013



oOo
PHOTOSTITCH

#Germany #Andechs #winter2013